The Engaging with Islam Training Course
The Engaging with Islam course is designed to give Christians a practical introduction to the history and teaching of Islam and a foundation for evangelism and answering common questions. The course can be done individually, in a small group or as part of leadership training. Anyone can lead this course as leaders notes and answers are provided. The course is a mix of preparation material, group discussion and a video presentation. All of the course material is located on this page (see below). Watch the promotional video below now.
Use the above promotional video and this promotional image to advertise the course.
The videos of the course are also available as a 3 disc DVD set.
To get started watch the introduction video and read the introduction in the course notes for session 1.
Part 1: Understanding Islam
Session 1: Love Everyone
Session 2: The Life of Muhammad
Session 3: The Qur’an & Hadith
Session 4: The Basic Beliefs of Islam
Session 5: The Pillars of Islam
Session 6: Islam & Politics
Part 2: Talking with Muslims
Session 7: Talking with Muslims
Session 8: The Gospel According to Muhammad
Session 9: The Bible and Qur’an
Session 10: Is Jesus God?
Session 11: The Son of God & Trinity
Session 12: The Death of Jesus
ENGAGING WITH ISLAM 1ST EDITION 2005
There are seven sessions and each is a mix of preparation, group discussion and a video. The session notes are in the workbook. Each session takes between 60 to 70 minutes.
The Youtube Videos
- Session 1: The History of Islam
- Session 2: The Books of Islam
- Session 3: The Practices and Beliefs of Islam
- Session 4: Test a Prophet
- Session 5: Promoting Islam – Dawah
- Session 6: Contend for the Faith
- Session 7: Evangelism
The Next Step
If you have just completed the Engaging with Islam course you may be thinking about what to do next. Here are some suggestions:
1. Keep learning the Bible and growing as a Christian. We need to know about Islam but to know Jesus. There is no use being an expert in Islam and an infant in your own faith. There is plenty of Bible teaching on this site.
2. Talk to Muslims. Don’t be afraid. Trust God and talk to them as you would anyone else. Most Muslims are quite reasonable and keen to discuss things. Experience is a great teacher.
3. Run this course with a group of people. When you teach something you learn more about it, so run this course and you will be even more familiar with the issues.
5. Get familiar with the Answering Islam website.
6. There are many ministries happening for Muslims. Find out where these are in your area and get involved.
7. Other training courses.
- I2 Ministries
- Qur’an Course. This course was originally written by Jeremy Hinds and has been adapted for correspondence purposes by Word of Life. It is helpful for those wishing to know more about Islam and the Qur’an, especially those entering the ministry or going on mission.
Learn from the past.