ENGAGING WITH ISLAM
Proclaiming and Defending the Torah, the Prophets, the Psalms and Gospel
Training - The Engaging with Islam course
This is the training course for Engaging with Islam. You can do this course individually, as a church group, or as part of leadership training. Anyone can lead this course as no previous knowledge of Islam is required and leader's notes are provided. To run the course you need the DVD to show to the group, and a copy of the workbook for each participant.
There are seven sessions, and each is a mix of preparation, group discussion and a DVD presentation. The session notes are in the workbook. Each session takes between 60 to 70 minutes.
The course syllabus is as follows:
How to get the Engaging with Islam course.
To do the course you need the videos and the workbook. Select one of the videos options below.
Select a workbook option.
The second edition of Engaging with Islam is currently in production and God willing will be available by mid 2013.
If you have just completed the Engaging with Islam course you may be thinking about what to do next. Here are some suggestions:
1. Keep learning the Bible and growing as a Christian. We need to know about Islam but to know Jesus. There is no use being an expert in Islam and an infant in your own faith. There is plenty of Bible teaching on this site.
2. Talk to Muslims. Don't be afraid. Trust God and talk to them as you would anyone else. Most Muslims are quite reasonable and keen to discuss things.
3. Run this course with a group of people. When you teach something you learn more about it, so run this course and you will be even more familiar with the issues.
5. Get familiar with the Answering Islam website.
6. Just get involved. There are many ministries happening for Muslims. Find out where these are in your area and get involved.
Learn from the Past